19 January 2008

Staying faithful to God

‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' Mark 12:30

In a wandering world, I give myself to you, acknowledging my lost-ness;
In a wandering world, I give myself to you, the One who has found me;
With humble trust and faltering step, I walk with you,
And say:

Here is my heart, Loving Father; let it beat for you.
Here is my soul, Loving Jesus: let it yearn for you.
Here is my mind, Loving Spirit: let it dream for you.
Here is my strength, Loving Trinity: let it work for you.


Let it be not only my mouth that speaks of your love,
Or my songs that proclaim your goodness,
Or my prayers that demonstrate your life in me.
But rather:

Heal my heart, Loving Father: when it beats erratically.
Save my soul, Loving Jesus: when it denies you within me.
Sanctify my mind, Loving Spirit: when it thinks of me over others.
Decrease my strength, Loving Trinity: when my strength is my own.

To those around me, who know you,
To those around me, who seek you,
To those around me, who deny you,
Let me offer:

My heart, Loving Father: in trustworthiness.
My soul, Loving Jesus: in transparency.
My mind, Loving Spirit: in truthfulness.
My strength, Loving Trinity: in tenderness.


May I love you, Trinity of Love,
With heart, soul, mind and strength.
For your name’s sake,
And for love of all people everywhere.
Amen.

Piers Lane
source: WordLive

No comments: